If you're anything like me, you're always looking for ways to save time when working in Excel. Data entry can be one of the most time-consuming tasks when working in spreadsheets, so anything that can help speed up the process is a welcome addition to my workflow.
In this article, I'll share 15 of my favorite Excel shortcuts for entering data in cells. These tips are designed to help you enter data more quickly and efficiently, so you can get your work done faster and move on to other tasks.
1. Use the Tab key to move between cells.
2. Use the Enter key to move to the next row.
3. Use the arrow keys to move around within a cell.
4. Use the Home key to move to the beginning of a cell.
5. Use the End key to move to the end of a cell.
6. Use the Delete key to delete the contents of a cell.
7. Use the Backspace key to delete the character to the left of the cursor.
8. Use the F2 key to edit the contents of a cell.
9. Use the Esc key to cancel an edit.
10. Use the Ctrl+Enter keys to enter the same data in multiple cells.
11. Use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys to enter an array formula.
12. Use the Ctrl+; keys to enter the current date.
13. Use the Ctrl+Shift+; keys to enter the current time.
14. Use the Ctrl+' keys to copy the value from the cell above.
15. Use the Ctrl+Shift+" keys to copy the formatting from the cell above.
These are just a few of the many shortcuts that can save you time when working in Excel. For a complete list of shortcuts, consult the Excel help documentation or search the internet for "Excel shortcuts."