1. Ctrl+A: Select the entire worksheet. If you press Ctrl+A a second time, Excel will select the entire data set, including any blank cells.
2. Ctrl+B: Bold selected text.
3. Ctrl+C: Copy selected text or cells.
4. Ctrl+F: Open the Find and Replace dialog box.
5. Ctrl+G: Go to a specific cell in the worksheet. You can also use Ctrl+G to open the Go To dialog box.
6. Ctrl+H: Open the Find and Replace dialog box with the Replace tab selected.
7. Ctrl+I: Italicize selected text.
8. Ctrl+K: Insert a hyperlink.
9. Ctrl+N: Open a new, blank workbook.
10. Ctrl+O: Open an existing workbook.
11. Ctrl+P: Open the Print dialog box.
12. Ctrl+R: Fill the selected cell with the contents of the cell to the left.
13. Ctrl+S: Save the active workbook.
14. Ctrl+U: Underline selected text.
15. Ctrl+V: Paste text or cells that have been copied.
These are just a few of the essential shortcut keys that can make working in Excel a lot easier. For a complete list of shortcut keys, see the Microsoft Office website.